Urgent Unanswered Questions About Breast CancerDownload as PDF file (1.47 MB)
Table of Contents
- Part I. Three California Women with Breast Cancer
Stories of the multiple factors that may affect breast cancer risk in the fictional lives of three women:
- Part II. Urgent Unanswered Questions: Promising Research Ideas
What are the most intriguing questions about our environment and the differences in breast cancer among different populations that might help us understand this disease?
- Part III. Urgent Unanswered Questions: Research We Are Funding to Find Answers
How is CBCRP advancing our understanding of disparities and environmental risks for breast cancer and to seek ways to prevent and cure this disease?
- About our Special Research Initiatives
- Special Research Initiatives Steering Committee
- Special Research Initiatives Strategy Team
- Editors and Authors of Identifying Gaps in Breast Cancer Research
Invasive Breast Cancer in California for 2006 - 2008
Age-adjusted rates among females by county
Invasive breast cancer rates vary widely across California. Who gets breast cancer can’t be explained just by genes or family history. Why does where we live seem to matter? What about where we work, play, learn, and pray? Is it the air, water, and other physical elements, or our neighborhood and community? Or do they all play a role? The CBCRP is funding research to answer these urgent questions.