Welcome to our Media Center. We encourage you to contact us directly concerning your editorial needs at firstname.lastname@example.org. For facts about breast cancer and more information about the CBCRP, visit About Us. For archived media announcements, visit our Archive.
- May 17, 2013 – Council members and funded investigators describe the achievements and vision of the CBCRP
- May 17-18, 2013 – Keynote addresses given by Susan Love, M.D., M.B.A. and Dennis Slamon, M.D., as well as selected scientific sessions of the "From Research to Action: Two Decades of Change" symposium are presented
- March 29, 2012 – A study funded teamed scientists and community health advocates demonstrate Tax Checkoff funds at work
- September 24-25, 2010 - Tell Us Your Story - At the 2010 symposium, "From Research to Action: Tools for Change," our Breast Cancer Research Council invited attendees to tell their stories of how breast cancer impacted their lives. See what stories they told
- April 12, 2010 - CBCRP Director, Mhel Kavanaugh-Lynch appeared in a KPIX newscast about the increased risk of breast cancer in young women.
Visit our Featured Researchers page to read about our current featured researcher.
- June 24, 2011: PRI’s “Living on Earth” – Dr. Kavanaugh-Lynch speaks with host Bruce Gellerman about implications for chemical testing in the future. Listen to the interview here
- October 16, 2007: KALW "Your Call" – Dr. Mhel Kavanaugh-Lynch and Breast Cancer Action's Barbara Brenner speak with Rose Aguilar about new treatments and developments in breast cancer research. Listen to the interview here
- September 6, 2010: Symposium to Focus on Reshaping Breast Cancer Research in California
- July 1, 2010: California Breast Cancer Research Program Awards $8.1 million to Researchers
- June 1, 2010: California Breast Cancer Research Program Announces New Funding Strategy
- May 24, 2010: California Breast Cancer Research Program Applauds Federal Report on Environmental Causes of Breast Cancer
- March 17, 2010: Cause to Run™ Teams Support California Breast Cancer Research Program
- March 11, 2010: March to Impact Breast Cancer Research
- January 28, 2010: Taxpayer Contributions Address Unique Breast Cancer Issues in California Communities
- January 6, 2010: Deadline Looms on Funding Opportunities for 2010
- October 09, 2009: California Breast Cancer Research Program Grantee Receives Nobel Prize
- July 28, 2009: California Breast Cancer Research Program Awards $7 million to Special Research Initiatives
- June 16, 2009: California Breast Cancer Research Program Awards over $8.8 million to Researchers
- March 9, 2009: March to Support Breast Cancer Research
- February 19, 2009: California Breast Cancer Research Program is Featured Beneficiary of San Francisco Marathon™
- October 31, 2011: Breast cancer research program honored
- October 14, 2007: Humboldt research project receives CBCRP funds for DCIS study
- October 5, 2007: CBCRP funds Central Valley “Navigators” research partnership
- February 27, 2007: CBCRP researcher plays role in studying “bridge” protein
- February 21, 2007: CBCRP researcher studying racial/ethnic disparities in tumor stage at diagnosis
For a listing of older articles and releases, please visit our Archive.
- About the CBCRP
- Our Funding Strategy
- The Breast Cancer Research Council
- General brochure
- 2010 Symposium